Thursday, February 4, 2010

Katz's Deli, New York

Katz's Deli is one of those NY institutions that I never went to the first 20 years of my life, even though throughout all of those years I only lived less than an hour away. One of the reasons I never went was that for the last 5 of those years, I worked in a Jewish deli and ate many, many meals there so that the idea of going out to deli probably wouldn't have been all that appealing.

Now though, the idea is very appealing. West coast delis just don't compare, and so now every time I go back to NY, there is a trip to Katz's deli.

These pictures are from last time I was in NY, a few months ago, but they seemed much more interesting than tonight's dinner (beans on toast!).

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...