Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dinner at Home: Tomato Sauce with Onion and Butter

Yes, it is officially butter week here at our house.

I never have ingredients for things, unless I specifically go out to buy them, and I am terrible at making dinner during the week. Tonight I came home and there was nothing to eat, and then I remembered that I had an onion. And butter. And a can of tomatoes. And then I remembered this post (I guess it is also smitten kitchen week at our house). Like I said, today was my lucky day.

I don't know that I would call it the best sauce I've ever had, but it really was quite good. The butter  adds an unusual flavor, really smooth and rich and well, buttery. My only complaint is that it didn't really stick to the pasta.

Also! This sauce was the easiest thing to make. Just dump in the tomatoes, cut off a piece of butter, and slice an onion in half. Even I, the laziest of lazies when it comes to weeknight dinners, couldn't really complain. Throw it all on the stove, and 45 minutes later, you've got yourself a meal.   Just make sure to check that you have pasta first, as we were down to our last tiny morsels of it (I told you I never have ingredients!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...