Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bi-Rite Creamery (soft serve edition), Mission

Sunday was actually hot, which is so rare in San Francisco. We took advantage and walked over to the newly expanded Bi-Rite Creamery for some soft serve ice cream. The big advantage to the soft serve? You don't have to wait in the crazy long line for the regular ice cream. 
The soft serve window has two flavors (plus swirl), bakery stuff and ice cream cookie sandwiches. Last time I was there it was just vanilla and chocolate. This time it was chocolate and salted caramel. I got the swirl, Kev got an ice cream cookie sandwich.



We had opposite problems: Mine was quickly melting so had to be eaten super fast (not really a problem). The ice cream sandwich needed to soften up a little so you could really taste the cookie.  I thought the sandwich was really good - and I want to go back and try the meyer lemon flavor one. I liked the ice cream too - but I think I prefer chocolate and vanilla. I'm traditional like that.
 
Now that it is warming up, I think an SF Ice Cream tour is in order.

Bi-Rite Creamery
3692 18th St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 626-5600

1 comment:

Sarah M. said...

Ice cream tour: YES! How exciting that Bi-Rite has expanded.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...