Sunday, May 30, 2010

Guerilla Cafe, Berkeley

We had a nice brunch in the sun at Guerilla Cafe.


Heather and I shared the Mediterranean Plate, which is two poached eggs, toast, tomatoes, olives, cucumber and feta. I really like the idea of this dish - I love poached eggs, and I like that it's served with something lighter than the normal stuff you get poached eggs with. My problem with it though was that the eggs weren't really poached.  I love when you put your knife into the egg and the yellow runs out of it. This was more like a hard boiled egg disguised as a poached egg. 


We also shared the Waffle of the Day - which was orange zest waffles - and they were delightful. They served it to us as 4 mini waffles which made sharing very easy.  The orange was subtle but it added a lot of flavor. 


Guerilla Cafe
1620 Shattuck Ave
Berkeley, CA 97709
510 845 2233


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...