Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday Night Dinner: Tortilla Soup + Coconut Cupcakes

Four years ago we had friends over for Oscar night and I made tortilla soup.  Because I love traditions, we've been doing it every year since then. Yesterday afternoon I made a big batch, and also some coconut cupcakes, and we had ourselves a little party. 

 
 
 
I think my favorite part is all the toppings you can have with the soup, that also go perfectly with tortilla chips and quesadillas. We held back on making the quesadillas this year, since we were all too full from the soup.  No pictures of the soup itself - I forgot to take any! I was too excited to eat it.

 
I'm pretty sure that coconut cupcakes don't actually go with tortilla soup, but I had been wanting to try these ones for awhile, and really, anything goes with cupcakes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those cupcakes look great. I love your blog. Your photos are so beautifully done!

tastingsf said...

thank you!

Sarah M. said...

The cupcakes look great! Which recipe did you use?

tastingsf said...

Ina Garten's http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/coconut-cupcakes-recipe/index.html

Anonymous said...

Mouthwatering delicious.

Sarah C said...

why didn't i know you were such a wonderful chef. BUSTED!!! you're so cooking for me on my next visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...