Monday, October 11, 2010

Camino, Oakland

I love brunch. And I loved this brunch, in particular, with two of my favorite ladies, Sarah and Heather.  This was another case of wanting to go somewhere (900 Grayson) and then finding out last minute that they don't do brunch on Sundays. Happily, we went to Camino instead.


I really loved the way this place looked. Lots of brick, worn wood and antique furniture.  Not to be too California, but I was really feeling the vibe there.

Heather and I did our usual and shared some things - including these homemade doughnuts with apple and the french toast with fruit compote, hazelnuts and crème fraiche.



The french toast was insanely filling - I could barely finish my one slice. I also love that they give you a choice of still or sparkling water - and leave a carafe of it on the table for you.

Great meal, great company and now I'm ready to try dinner here as well.

Camino
3917 Grand Ave
Oakland, California 94610
(510) 547-5035

1 comment:

Elisa L. Williams said...

Terrific photos! We'd love to have you enter them in our photo contest - top prize is $1,000 and you retain resale rights outside of our usage. Info is here: http://www.visitoakland.org/media_photocontest.cfm

Let us know if you have any questions - elisa@visitoakland.org

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...