Sunday, September 5, 2010

Farina, Mission

This morning we walked over to have some breakfast at Farina.  I only just learned that you can have  brunch there, and apparently I'm not the only one who didn't know this, because the place was pretty empty - very much unlike dinner there.


We both ordered the freshly pulped apricot/strawberry/mango smoothie. It was thick enough that I had trouble using my straw but I liked it better without - it was easier to taste it that way. It was also incredibly filling - that alone could have been my breakfast, and it was also our favorite thing that we had there. 


I love the red and metal tables. Oh, and the coffee was good too.


Kev ordered sunny side up eggs with  prosciutto cotto and toast. I got the eggs scrambled with bufala mozzarella. Both came with house made ketchup and apricot preserves.  My eggs were light and fluffy and you could really taste the mozzarella.  I think it needed a little more seasoning for my taste, but there wasn't salt or pepper available on the table.

If you're into pancakes or french toast for breakfast - or some other non-egg dish - this isn't the place for you, as all the menu choices are egg based.  But, if you're into not waiting in line, this is a great place for you - and me, as I hate waiting in line, especially when I'm hungry.

Farina
3560 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 565-0360

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...